Regenerative Therapies in Gordonsville, VA
- Can be performed on-farm/ambulatory, or in clinic for a haul-in appointment, depending on the amenities of each farm.
- Is considered a regenerative therapy and is used effectively in joints with soft-tissue component injuries.
- Requires a similar post-injection care routine to traditional steroid injections, such as a 24hr stall rest period and best results being seen in 2 weeks post-injection.
- Is a great alternative to steroid injections for horses that are at risk for laminitis due to metabolic challenges.
Autologous Protein Solution Device
Pro-Stride APS is a proprietary dual-device system whose output produces a concentrated solution of cells, platelets, growth factors, and anti-inflammatory proteins (including IL-1ra and other anabolic proteins).
- All-Natural (from patient's own blood)
- Clinically demonstrated effectiveness*
- Convenient (no incubation)
Interleukin-1, also known as IL-1, and tumor necrosis factor alpha, also known as TNF-alpha, are the key pro-inflammatory proteins called cytokines which need to be blocked from damaging the tissue. These inflammatory cytokines bind to the cell surface receptors on the cartilage and start the process of cartilage breakdown which ultimately leads to joint pain and damage.
There are several naturally occurring inhibitors (anti-inflammatory proteins) of the pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1 and TNF-alpha. These include the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein (IRAP), also known as IL-1ra, SIL-1r, also known as Soluble interleukin-1 receptor and STNF-rs, known as Soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors. All of these are highly concentrated within Pro-Stride APS.
Pulse Vet Shockwave Therapy
Shock wave is a noninvasive, high-energy sound wave treatment commonly used in human and veterinary medicine. It helps the body in relieving pain, speeding healing, and improving the quality of healing.
PulseVet’s Shock Wave systems have been proven effective for treating such conditions as:
- Tendon and ligament injuries (Suspensory/Deep Digital Flexor Tendon)
- Bone Fractures (stress fractures/splints)
- OA/Joint inflammation and pain
- Foot Injuries (Desmitis/Navicular syndrome/Ringbone/Chronic Heel Pain)
- Back pain/Kissing spines
Shock wave treatment can help your horse return to work more quickly, has more than a decade of clinical success behind it, and is covered by most equine medical insurance (up to 3 treatments).
Care For Your Horse